• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tcase drop and shim questions

Skibum12189

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting ready to install my 3.5" superride (d35 rear axle and np242 tcase) unfortunately, the only sye is the hack n tap and i don't need that much of a hassle right now, probably down the road, but for now i'm gonna go with the tcase drop and some shims(4*).

couple questions
will the u bolts that come with the kit be long enough?
does the re superride come with new center pins for my leafs? if it doesn't, will my stock center pins be long enough, and if it does, will the new center pins be long enough?

I posted some of this earlier today in this Thread:

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1000195

If you haven't ordered your Kit yet, go with a full Spring Pack. RE6030 - XJ 3.5" SUPER-FLEX W/REAR SPR
Add A Leafs will flatten out in a very short time. Mine did.

Up to 4"s of Lift you more than likely will not need a Transfer Case Drop. Over 4, most certainly. I run a 5" Lift with a TC Drop but with NO SYE, Tom Woods Drive Shaft, or Shims.

However, if you do have Vibrations at 4"s or less, Drop the TC or put in 6 degree Axle Shims. The Shims by themselves may work and will save valuable TC Clearance. IMHO

Rubicon Express is always more than helpful when asking about their kits and installation questions. If no one has an answer for you then give them a call tomorrow.

Phone Toll-Free 877.367.7824

Hours (PST) Monday - Friday 7:00am - 6:00pm

Thanks alot, I got the one with the all new leafs and adjustable LCA's. If i'm doing this, i'm doing it right haha.

Would you suggest lifting it, then seeing, or should i put in the money now and get the t case drop and shims. i'm guessing i'll see 4-4.5" of lift from the 3.5" superride.

I would probably get a TC Drop and get the shims later if needed.

Last edited:
Back