• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Look at what I found.

bigblueishness

NAXJA Forum User
I was driving home today and in my neighborhood, and I saw, for trash, two BFG A/T on the side of the someones yard. Long story short, I got two free 33/12.50/15, 10% used, still has the little string on the treads, BFG A/T,
but
the guy I took them from said that they been in his barn for 8 years covered up, the tires have no cracks or dry rots

is this still a good deal?

they could possibly have cracks that wont show until the tire has air in it and weight on it. but its definitely worth a shot.

Can't beat Free.... So yeah give'em a try.

Good Luck

Nick

Thay will be great for spare tires if you wish not to drive on them.

In a episode of Dirty Jobs. Mike Row was picking up old tire that was dumped out in the woods. The bad tire is to be shredded for recycling and The good tires was to be shipped to other countries to use.

big pictures

untitled.JPG

did not work

You have to host the picture online first. You can't link it directly from your computer. Try imageshack, photobucket, flickr, something along those lines.

Run them. Just look for heavy cracking or odd buldges. LOTS of people run old tires, and 99% of the time if they don't look like there is anything wrong with them, there isn't. They are however, much harder then a new tire would be as the rubber has been continuing to cure for the last 10 years.

technically you aren't supposed to run a tire that is older than 6 years no matter what. However, personally i'd try rocking them and see what happens. and one of my friends got a set of nokian winter tires that were 'new old stock' that were 10 years old and drove those around for a year or two w/o issue.

thanks for the replys

what the worst that can happen?

blowout riding on the road, tread comes off, easier to go flat on a normal day?
not sure of spelling.

once again sorry for the big pics

Back