• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cant deicide on lift. RE vs RC

pikey77

NAXJA Forum User
Looking at picking up either the RE 3.5 super ride or RC 3" series II

The RE can be had for 960 with monotubes and the RE adjustable track bar

The RC is 829 for there kit with Adjustable track bar

I'm concerned about the RE kit giving me 4+ inches of lift and requireing a SYE.

I dont think anyone would say the RC is the better kit and it seems dumb to not buy it for just 130 bucks more....unless I'm gonna have to sink another 300+ into an SYE!

Whose installed the 3.5 super ride and how uneven was the HEEP after?

Its going on a 2001XJ

RE all the way. I just installed the 3.5" Super Flex, and then added another inch. I did have some driveline vibes, but they went away when I did a transfer case drop. Problems solved.

I've been beating my Jeep up pretty bad and everything is still doing ok.

I did the 3.5 super ride on my 99 with a transfercase drop & 4 degree shims and still had vibes on decel. I ended up getting the SYE and added 3/4" coil spacers to level it out a bit. Does great both on & off road now.

have ya..tried a search?:dunno:

and to anyone that believes "ya get what ya pay for" is that why your in a used Jeep, not a used Land rover?

97+ XJs are sensitive to lifting. A 3"+ lift most likely is going to need the SYE treatment. It's the cost of admission if you want to do it right.

I installed the RE 3.5 kit several years ago. It netted about 3.5’ after a couple hundred miles. Too bad the rear leaves kept sinking.
Save yourself some aggravation and upgrade from the Super-Ride to the Super-Flex CAs. My old S-Rs required frequent replacement of the rubber bushings, especially the UCA’s small bushing. A few days of running trails could waste a pair of them YMMV.
Many times the cheaper kits come with CAs that are not adjustable. Adjustability is worth every extra penny when it comes to dialing in the alignment and wheelbase.

RE all the way...With a t/c drop should do the trick.

Nick

If you go RE, go with a full Spring Pack. RE6030 - XJ 3.5" SUPER-FLEX W/REAR SPR
Add A Leafs will flatten out in a very short time. Mine did.

However, the RC Jeep XJ Cherokee 3" Series II Suspension Kit isn't so very bad either. Just go with the Full Leaf Pack Upgrade. The Hydros run stiff and hard so I think that is why the kit now comes with Nitros.

Up to 4"s of Lift you more than likely will not need a Transfer Case Drop. Over 4, most certainly. I run a 5" Lift with a TC Drop but with NO SYE, TWoods Drive Shaft, or Shims.

However, if you do have Vibrations at 4"s or less, Drop the TC or put in 6 degree Axle Shims. The Shims by themselves may work and will save valuable TC Clearance. IMHO

If you go RE, go with a full Spring Pack. RE6030 - XJ 3.5" SUPER-FLEX W/REAR SPR
Add A Leafs will flatten out in a very short time. Mine did.

However, the RC Jeep XJ Cherokee 3" Series II Suspension Kit isn't so very bad either. Just go with the Full Leaf Pack Upgrade. The Hydros run stiff and hard so I think that is why the kit now comes with Nitros.

Up to 4"s of Lift you more than likely will not need a Transfer Case Drop. Over 4, most certainly. I run a 5" Lift with a TC Drop but with NO SYE, TWoods Drive Shaft, or Shims.

However, if you do have Vibrations at 4"s or less, Drop the TC or put in 6 degree Axle Shims. The Shims by themselves may work and will save valuable TC Clearance. IMHO
97+ especially 00/01 usually have vibes with lift, so the added cost is usually a must unfortunatley.

I had a 3" on my last '01 with no vibes. But it came out at exactly 3" of lift.

Thats why I was worried about the RE kit because some people are reporting up to an inch to 1.5" more than advertised.

That and having the back end up in the air like a stinkbug.

I have the RE with full rear leaf pack and I absolutely love it!!! I also invested the extra cash for the montubes and it rides amazing compared to my BDS kit I had before. I have some driveline vibs but not enough to warrant getting the SYE kit yet. I plan to later down the road but I can drive it just fine even do 80 MPH without a problem. RC rides like a rock you will regret being cheap and hey come on who doesn't want more lift haha.

im rocking the re superflex 3.5 coudn't be happier i netted 4 inches from the kit and i don't have a sye. all i get is alittle bit of growling from the ujoints when i let off the gas. deffinitly go rubicon express

i've said this before but i'll say it again.

On my 2000 i started with the RC 3" kit and a black diamond trac bar, the front springs were fine but the kit didnt provide all the things i needed. I almost sold my jeep because of the ride and when it came time to break down and buy all the parts not included in the "kit" i wasn't too far off from buying the RE, so i did.

I went with the super ride and full packs but chose OME shocks. Also added a .75" spacer in front to level it out and the RE HD trac bar and mount. At first i netted over 5" of lift on the rear and just under 5 on the front even at that height a 1" tcase drop and shims solved any vibes i had. The RE kit made me fall in love with my jeep again its just that good. Since i upgraded to superflex control arms and the re drop brackets and my jeep drives just as good as a stock jeep on the highway. Its been a few years and im at a perfect 4.5 front and rear and it flexes great, rides great and shows no signs of becoming a disaster.

With that, i'd still take my chances on buying a RC lift if i didnt drive my jeep everyday simply because of Jason and his willingness to help anyone out.

mines a DD.

I've pretty much settled on the 3.5 superflex. 935 shipped. Hoping I can find an adjustable track bar used on the cheap.

I figure I'll end up with about 10K in my 01 with 60,000 miles on it. Thats not bad for a car I plan on driving until the end of time!

mines a DD.
Thats not bad for a car I plan on driving until the end of time!

What "car" is that?

I thought we were talking about a Jeep. LOL

What car can do this? This is one of Iron Rock Offroad's Photos.
jfavatar1.jpg

DOH! I just got the Jeep. Gimme a few weeks.

Although, the 98 honda accord I was driving before I got my new cherokee outwheeled a few z71's!
Its all about what your willing to sacrifice and how much momentum you can get!

Back