• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window problem

Hmebuildr

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search and could not find what I was looking for.

I have a 99 XJ 4 dr the electric windows worked fine up till about a week ago when I started having issues. I would have to slam the door to get the windows to work but once I did there was no problem. After a few days they just stopped working all together along with the drivers side electric locks and power mirrors.

The passenger side lock switch still works but none of the window switches work.

I pulled the door apart when I turn the key on I have power coming in to the switch so I dont suspect a broken wire. Am I looking at a bad switch?? or is it something deeper

Poor ground/intermittent open in the circuit?

Original Poster: Any update?

Which switch are you going to replace to fix the windows, locks and mirrors that are not working? Seems like a little more diagnostics is in order! The wiring becomes very complex when you start to consider the drivers lock out control on the windows. If you search a little, you will see how to easily bypass the lock out wiring. But that won't fix your mirrors and locks.

Back