• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

? for those with 16" wheels

halg

NAXJA Forum User
my plan was to buy 33 or 35x12.50x15 on cragar soft 8s with 4" back spacing for my recently lifted xj.

however, i have a line on some used 315/75/16 MTR's.

i could save some money going with the used tires.

however, i'm having trouble finding 16" wheels which are as cheap as the cragar 15 inchers.

my question:
who is running tires with 16" wheels with tires which are around this size (33-35) which have correct backspacing for a 4.5-5" lift?

what wheels are u using and how expensive were they?

i'd hate to save a couple hundred on tires and they pay a few hundred extra on wheels cause i can't find any $40 16" wheels.

tks.

i saw those. almost perfect.

7 in wide though. wouldn't the tire break the bead when aired down?

i'm not sure how wide the 315/75/16 tire would be. have to be around 12".

i am running a 4.5" rough country lift fenders cut out. i have eagle alloy 16" fake beadlocks.. and am running 215/75/16 BFG AT.... and the width is only 8"

thanks for the replies.

anyone else know if a 7" rim is too small for 315/75/16 tires? it seems awfull narrow to me.

halg said:
thanks for the replies.

anyone else know if a 7" rim is too small for 315/75/16 tires? it seems awfull narrow to me.

I would say that 7" rims are a little narrow.
I'm running 8.5" rims and they seem to fit perfect, the 315s are about 12"s wide.

Jes said:
I would say that 7" rims are a little narrow.
I'm running 8.5" rims and they seem to fit perfect, the 315s are about 12"s wide.

thanks. what rims are you using and how much/where did you get them?

halg said:
thanks for the replies.

It's fine. I've 315/75/16 GY MT/Rs on stock Grand Cherokee 16" rims. I aired them down to 10 PSI last weekend, with no problems.

It kinda acts like a poor mans bead lock. The tire is pushing the bead against the rim as it wants to expand.

Your choice though. I know lots of people with 12.5s on 7" rims.

I'm having a difficult time finding 16x8 4" back spacing (-11 offset) alloy wheels that I like and are not $$$$.

What are people using, beside rubi wheels?

check mine out. www.cencalxj.com . only a few pics up right now just starting the site. got the rims at 68$ each. eagle alloys. those are 215/75/16 in the pics

Grand Cherokee wheels is what I have. Spacers to get the required backspacing.

Smittty9785 said:
check mine out. www.cencalxj.com . only a few pics up right now just starting the site. got the rims at 68$ each. eagle alloys. those are 215/75/16 in the pics

Do you know the model # of your wheels?

Back