• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

direction for shock mounting

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
kinda looking for an opinion on which direction to mount shocks. Just got my 5100's in the mail but should I mount like a standard shock or flip them around like the 5150's would be with shock body up top in the front and rear??? Dont know if it really matters but I think it would look better shock body up and rod down.

I just called Bilstein. The tech I spoke with said it doesn't matter whether the body is top or bottom, the stock will function the same. :thumbup:

The only real advantage to mounting the shocks upside down that I know of is for less unsprung weight. An advantage in a racing situation, but probably not too important on the street or normal trails

those bar pins sure dont like to fit in very well even with bushing out.... do the rear swaybar links work for the front as bpe as well???

Back