• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stupid Track bar question

Wwildman

NAXJA Forum User
Here is the set up on my xj
1.4 inch coils
2.JKS swaybar disconnects
3.lower track bar relocater
4.tubular lower controll arms with johnny joints on diff and rubber bushings in frame
Now the question
When I make a hard right turn on a road the front driveshaft hits the exhaust pipe . there are no other prolbems driving .
Any Ideas?

uh is the trans mount bad? I don't think that has anything to do with the trackbar.

I would check your motor/trans mounts.

The flattened downpipe is supposed to compensate (correct) this problem, but usually once lifted it is no longer any trouble.

is your axle centered? if its WAY to the passenger side, then it would hit the exhaust. Mine does that, but it started life as a 2wd MJ, so i dont have the flattened downpipe. its even lifted 5.5''

You probably should check the motor mounts and the trans mount just 'cuz. If your front axle is pushed a little too far to the passenger side, you can certainly end up with interference.

motor mounts and trans mounts are good I found a loose track bar mount causing the prolbem

Back