• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alignments...

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
Took my truck to get the alignment done at Sears, leave the parking lot and the steering wheel is off center & the truck pulls, I thought it was crappy tires so I put new tires on and it's still pulling and when the driver's front tire is straight forward the passenger front is still pointed out. I took it back and they showed me a printout and they say it's right even tho I can see it's out and it pulls. I only took it to Sears because every time I take it to a stealership I get it back w/more stuff broken.

90XJ, 4" lift, 31x11.5's

Any ideas here?

It's obviously not right....during the alignment process the steering wheel is returned to the normal orientation. That and the rig pulling to the side are indications that the alignment is off. If they can't get the job done right i'd go somewhere else (they should refund your money if they didn't do the job right).

Do your own alignments ? Its not hard at all.. our jeeps only have one adjustment for alignments that normal shops will do.. that is toe in/toe out.. and there are other issues you need to address since you have a 4" lift. Your castor has changed, and needs corrected.. and requires some custom work, that I dont think an alignment shop would do for you. Also, your track bar needs to be relocated. Well, Gojeep has a good article about doing your own alignments on his website at http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/

Good Luck

I have had good experience with Sears. Sure they have blown it, just like anyone of us can and will, but they've always been able to make me a happy customer--once i've been able to deal with the shop manager. (while installing rancho shocks on my mj the kid with the air wrench removed the welded on mount stud from the frame. It being a friday afternoon and their welder wouldn't be in til monday they rented me a nice truck to drive around in. and then cut me a discount on the whole deal.) Don't lose your temper and let someone who can make a policy decision try out your rig.

I agree with lighthouse jim. I worked there all through college (in paint), and if you find someone to talk to who makes that his career you'll be in good shape. Don't deal with the college kids (I think I was an exception) or ones right out of tech. school. The managers and ones who've been there a while will probably make it right. In paint, we used to take back paint that wasn't even a Sears brand if the customer complained enough (Sears only sold their own paint then, with a few exceptions).

Back