• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tempature Gauge 1987 Jeep cheorkee

landon87xj

I have not Confirmed, or I used a BAD email Addy
Please help. So on my 1987 Jeep cheorkee 4.0 my gauge will rise to about 180 and get stuck there and I know it’s running at 210 because I can get out after driving it and point my thermometer gun at it and it’s 210
So I tested tube gauge with a ground wire to the battery it shoots all the way right so I figured it’s good
I have replaced the temp sender 3 times I don’t know what else to do I just want to be able to know my temp for peace of mind and I do not want one of those aftermarket gauges

You can try to improve the dash sensor ground, using Cruisers guides here. Or just make a mental note that 180 0n the gauge is 210. Less risky and less work than trying to move the needle (Calibrate it) on the gauge.

You can try to improve the dash sensor ground, using Cruisers guides here. Or just make a mental note that 180 0n the gauge is 210. Less risky and less work than trying to move the needle (Calibrate it) on the gauge.
Yea I cleaned the ground strap form the body to the engine and it made it go up a little bit so I think the strap is bad so I’m going to replace it but

A DVMeter is your best friend, and a looong set of dual tester wire...

Back